24/08/2012

THE WEST WEDDING SHOW!...

I thought I'd post an impromptu blog today in the absence of this mondays usual blog post... I took a mini break in sunny Cornwall to have a much needed rest!... Its done the trick... I'm well rested and raring to go!

I've been working so hard recently, what with the launch of my brand new website, wedding quotes and wedding floristry to contend with... and of course my blogs that I love writing. I have also been organising my exhibition at the West Wedding Show, in Bristol.

An awful lot of planning went into my exhibition table. I wanted people to see the beauty that flowers bring to tables... They aren't just a decoration, they are a necessity! And with the help of the lovely Kate at Lavender and Linen we styled a table I would be honoured to have at my own wedding!!!

I decided to use the David Austin Keira Rose for the basis of the design... I coupled that with some beautiful creamy white Freesias, White Veronica and antique pink Eustoma, with their twisted buds sitting proudly above the bouquet waiting to unfurl. The creamy pink of the Keira Rose was complemented with some 'Pink Champagne'  staged in some beautiful vintage crystal Champagne saucers and bottles, supplied by Lavender and Linen.


The crystal bowl arrangement included just Keira Roses, Freesias and Eustoma. The lighting really does do justice to crystal arrangements. Especially if you were to use candles next to it. It twinkles and glistens and looks ever so romantic. I coupled this arrangement with a single Rose/Freesia combination sitting in a crystal bottle with the stopper staged next to it. Very pretty and effective if you are on a budget yet still wanting to create impact!


I of course had my promotional material to hand for Brides and Grooms to take. The soft muted greeny grey of my cards sat beautifully next to the blush pink colour scheme of the flowers. The overall look was very natural and romantic... Perfect for a wedding show don't you think?


The final flourish was a scattering of Rose petals to soften any hard edges... I received some lovely comments from Brides and mothers of Brides which is so positive. Sometimes its the little finer details that people take note of and help make the bigger picture that little bit more special. 


The numbers on the day were a little disappointing... It was such a beautiful, warm Sunday (so rare these days) so it's not surprising that people were preferring to stay outside. I learned so much from the experience and will be looking forward to my next show... whenever that may be! I'll keep you all informed. Would love to see some of you there!

With thanks to:
  • Lavender and Linen for the beautiful Champagne Saucers and mini Decanters!
  • The lovely Cassie Penticost (my show neighbour) for being so kind and friendly!
  • The flowers and floral design by me Stephanie Saunders!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers, so please leave your thoughts.